Air-Cooled Low Charge Ammonia Chiller.
The natural chiller choice.
The state of the art Azanechiller 2.0 is the latest iteration of the Azanechiller and delivers exceptional efficiency with a convenient air-cooled design and zero water consumption. The Azanechiller 2.0 delivers the benefits of industrial-quality ammonia refrigeration in a factory-built package prioritizing reliability and efficiency so that it offers the lowest total cost of ownership with a future-proof refrigerant.
Naturally Efficient Equipment
The Azanechiller 2.0 is a remarkably efficient solution and the natural choice for temperature controlled storage, food production, process cooling, HVAC, Ice Rinks and more. Because it uses a very low charge of ammonia in an outdoor package, it offers an extremely safe option that is easy to install and does not require a machinery room.
Azanechiller 2.0 is a complete refrigeration package integrating high quality, industrial components with our proven and optimized PLC controls to offer unrivalled efficiency, reliability, and longevity.
- R717 (Ammonia) refrigerant – most efficient and climate friendly
- No machinery room required – outdoor roof or ground install
- Flooded PSHE evaporator with reliable high side float control
- IPLVs in the 23 MBH/kW range with part load COPs as high as 11.8
- VSD driven reciprocating compressors
- EC variable speed condenser fan motors
- Floating suction pressure as load allows
- Floating head pressure to 50°F or lower as ambient allows
- Stainless tube and epoxy coated fin condensers
- Stainless UL508a electrical panel with Allen Bradley PLC
- Touch screen HMI with data trending
- Remote monitoring capability, curated alerts, and self-diagnosis.
- Fully automatic operation
- Fully automatic oil recovery
- 360 degrees of convenient maintenance access
- Option for free heating from auxiliary ammonia condenser
- Option for on-board process pumps to save total project costs
Low environmental impact
The Montreal Protocol phasing out R-22 incorporated HFCs as controlled substances under the Kigali Amendment in 2016. This sets the direction toward HFC phase-down on a global scale. The USA also passed the AIM act in 2020 which is also working to restrict the use of HFC refrigerants.
Since the Azanechiller uses ammonia, (R717) which has no Ozone Depleting or Global Warming characteristics, it will remain a viable refrigerant immune to phase-out and price hikes common with synthetic refrigerants due to scarce supply.
Naturally Efficient Refrigerant
The Azanechiller 2.0 range has set a new benchmark in yearly efficiency by integrating variable speed reciprocating compressor technology with EC fans, close evaporator approach design and advanced controls. Azanechiller 2.0 delivers efficiency that is at least 20% higher than competing HFC chiller technology.
Key energy efficient features include:
- Use of ammonia in a flooded evaporator with a tight approach and negligible superheat
- EC fan motors
- Floating head pressure control
- Floating suction pressure control
- Minimal suction pressure drop
- VFD driven reciprocating compressors
For full details including operating temperatures and energy usage, download our latest product brochure.